An original native of St. Croix, Virgin Islands, Holstein got his start in the numbers game on Wall Street. After a stint in the Navy and working as a porter and a doorman, Holstein worked his way to Wall Street as head messenger for a brokerage firm. While on the street, he studied the stock market and familiarized himself with numbers. Like many poor people of the time, he took his knowledge to the gangs, earning a living by running an illegal lottery he nicknamed Bolito. By 1920, the kid from the West Indies had become the “Bolito King,” head of the most successful underground lottery system of the time.
- Jammin In The Park Concert Highlights [PHOTOS]
- Rewind: Old School Summer Jammin In The Park Recap (Video)
- Katt Williams: Dave Chappelle Was The Victim Of An Entertainment Industry Conspiracy
- Beyond The Studio: Original Basketball Wife Carlita Hodges Opens Up About Her Abusive Marriage and Secret Affair With R. Kelly
- Rapper Mase Leaves His Church To Re-Pursue Rap Career Full-Time
- Sherri Shepherd’s Estranged Husband Moves To Have Her Honor Surrogate Agreement