An original native of St. Croix, Virgin Islands, Holstein got his start in the numbers game on Wall Street. After a stint in the Navy and working as a porter and a doorman, Holstein worked his way to Wall Street as head messenger for a brokerage firm. While on the street, he studied the stock market and familiarized himself with numbers. Like many poor people of the time, he took his knowledge to the gangs, earning a living by running an illegal lottery he nicknamed Bolito. By 1920, the kid from the West Indies had become the “Bolito King,” head of the most successful underground lottery system of the time.
- Real Love: French Montana Wants To ‘Capitalize’ On Relationship With Khloé Kardashian?
- St. Louis Rapper Nelly & T.I. Think Ferguson Protestors Jumped The Gun
- Looking for a Job? This Company's Ready to Hire You!
- Queen Latifah Kisses It Up With Her Girlfriend
- Woman Claiming To Be Blue’s Birth Mom Sues The Carters
- Alright, Alright, Alright, Kevin Hart Gets Engaged [WATCH]