An original native of St. Croix, Virgin Islands, Holstein got his start in the numbers game on Wall Street. After a stint in the Navy and working as a porter and a doorman, Holstein worked his way to Wall Street as head messenger for a brokerage firm. While on the street, he studied the stock market and familiarized himself with numbers. Like many poor people of the time, he took his knowledge to the gangs, earning a living by running an illegal lottery he nicknamed Bolito. By 1920, the kid from the West Indies had become the “Bolito King,” head of the most successful underground lottery system of the time.
- Welcome April Watts To Old School 100.3!
- El DeBarge Singing His Classics On Arsenio [VIDEO]
- Outkast’s Coachella Comeback Was Epic, But The Crowd Didn’t Know How To Appreciate It
- Surprise, Surprise! Beyonce Joins Solange Onstage At Coachella + Cameos By Jay Z, Gwen Stefani & Diddy
- Watch Drake In Disguise Asking Random People What They Think About Drake, It’s Hilarious!
- Jermaine Jackson Is Wife Swapping On “Celebrity Wife Swap”