An original native of St. Croix, Virgin Islands, Holstein got his start in the numbers game on Wall Street. After a stint in the Navy and working as a porter and a doorman, Holstein worked his way to Wall Street as head messenger for a brokerage firm. While on the street, he studied the stock market and familiarized himself with numbers. Like many poor people of the time, he took his knowledge to the gangs, earning a living by running an illegal lottery he nicknamed Bolito. By 1920, the kid from the West Indies had become the “Bolito King,” head of the most successful underground lottery system of the time.
- Prince Releases "U Know" From Forthcoming Album [AUDIO]
- Married People Take A Look At This: Four Facts On People Who Have Affairs!!
- How You Doin’?! Sherri Shepherd Jokes About Divorce & Dating Rumors On ‘Wendy’
- Report: Bobby Womack’s Family Struggling To Pay His Debts
- Whitney Houston Live CD/DVD To Be Released November 10th
- Did Beyonce Edit Her Thighs to Appear Thinner? You Be the Judge! [PHOTO]