Via Global Grind
Police in Slaughter, Louisiana are reporting that an 8-year-old shot and killed his elderly caregiver after playing the violent video game, Grand Theft Auto.
The child shot Marie Smothers in the head with her own gun as she was watching television. She was almost 90-years-old.
“Although a motive for the shooting is unknown at this time, investigators have learned that the juvenile suspect was playing a video game on the Play Station III “Grand Theft Auto IV”, a realistic game that has been associated with encouraging violence and awards points to players for killing people, just minutes before the homicide occurred,” said a statement issued by the Sheriff’s Office.
The boy, whose identity will not be revealed due to his age, was released to his parents and will not be charged with a crime, despite evidence that the shooting was intentional. The child initially told investigators that the shooting was an accident.
- Like Old School Cincy 100.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- ‘Miley’s Booty is VEGAN, No MEAT’ – MORNING MINUTE
- ‘Toni Braxton is the Queen of R&B’- Todd Hicks
- ‘[Miley] Needs a Belt to Hold Up Her Underwear!’ – HUGGY LOWDOWN
- ‘Tim Tebow is a Work in Progress’- GEORGE WHITFIELD, Quarterback Guru