An original native of St. Croix, Virgin Islands, Holstein got his start in the numbers game on Wall Street. After a stint in the Navy and working as a porter and a doorman, Holstein worked his way to Wall Street as head messenger for a brokerage firm. While on the street, he studied the stock market and familiarized himself with numbers. Like many poor people of the time, he took his knowledge to the gangs, earning a living by running an illegal lottery he nicknamed Bolito. By 1920, the kid from the West Indies had become the “Bolito King,” head of the most successful underground lottery system of the time.
- Auntie Fee Hilariously Schools Sherri Shepherd The Art Of Pork Chops (VIDEO) [NSFW]
- Beverly Johnson Gets Grilled By Whoopi Goldberg Over Cosby Allegations On ‘The View’ [VIDEO]
- K. Michelle Breaks Down Over Idris Elba Affair During Radio Interview
- Stacey Dash, "My Family Including Dame Dash Turned Their Backs On Me Because Of My Political Views"
- Sorority Sisters Twitter Backlash Prompts Advertisers To Bow Out
- Kathie Lee Gifford Claims Bill Cosby Tried to Kiss Her But She Told Him “No!”