An original native of St. Croix, Virgin Islands, Holstein got his start in the numbers game on Wall Street. After a stint in the Navy and working as a porter and a doorman, Holstein worked his way to Wall Street as head messenger for a brokerage firm. While on the street, he studied the stock market and familiarized himself with numbers. Like many poor people of the time, he took his knowledge to the gangs, earning a living by running an illegal lottery he nicknamed Bolito. By 1920, the kid from the West Indies had become the “Bolito King,” head of the most successful underground lottery system of the time.
- Charlie Wilson Valentine's Day Getaway
- Bobby Brown Did Not Get Whitney On Drugs
- In Ironic News: August Alsina Gets Into Dust Up At Anti-Violence Concert (VIDEO) NSFW
- ‘Sorority Sisters’ Priyanka Banks On Being Expelled From DTS: “I Found Through The Internet”
- Clear Your Calendar: D’Angelo To Play Special One Night Only Concert At The Apollo
- NAACP IMAGE AWARDS