An original native of St. Croix, Virgin Islands, Holstein got his start in the numbers game on Wall Street. After a stint in the Navy and working as a porter and a doorman, Holstein worked his way to Wall Street as head messenger for a brokerage firm. While on the street, he studied the stock market and familiarized himself with numbers. Like many poor people of the time, he took his knowledge to the gangs, earning a living by running an illegal lottery he nicknamed Bolito. By 1920, the kid from the West Indies had become the “Bolito King,” head of the most successful underground lottery system of the time.
- Hate Waiting in Line at the BMV? You'll Want to Read This!
- Malik Yoba To Return For ‘Empire’ Season 2?
- Christina Milian Slams Critics Over Interview With Iyanla Vanzant
- Michel’le Reveals Gruesome & Horrifying Details About Her Past Relationships With Dr. Dre & Suge Knight
- Devon Still shares the cutest update on Leah Still's latest cancer prognosis
- This Video Of Patti Labelle Dancing To 50 Cent’s ‘In Da Club’ Is The Best Thing You’ll See All Day